Ringtone Tools is an old program I started around the year 2000 or so.
It's pretty much a file format converter where many of the output formats
(and some input formats even) are compatible as ringtones / logos
for many phones of the time. These days, most phones I've seen
take straight .mid files or mp3's for ringtones, so this program is
probably not all that useful for most people anymore.
Related Projects @mikekohn.net
SSE Image Processing,
- bmp - Bitmap format. Ringtone Tools can create graphical
logos out of them and create bmp's from other formats.
- gif - Ringtone Tools can read and write GIF picture files.
- eMelody - Older Ericsson format.
- ico - Windows Icon format. I put this in only so I could create
Icons for my webpage. It has nothing to do with Ringtones unless you
actually have some ico files laying around that you want to use as logos.
- iMelody - Most new phones that don't do Nokia's Smart Messaging
are using this format.
- kws - Kyocera's ringer format.
- mid / midi - Popular sound format. Since midi's can be multi-tone
and complex they are not recommended.
- morse code - Text files with a .morse extension get converted into morse code songs
- mot - And older ringer format for Motorola phones. Newer
Motorola do iMelody I believe.
- ngg and nol - Nokia ngg and nol logo files can be created and read
- nokia / sckl / ott - Nokia Smart Messaging format. Nokia phones can receive
ringtones as a text message. Ringtone tools can create these text
messages. This allows anyone with a compatible phone to load their
own ringtones in without a datacable. There are other phones besides
Nokia that use this.
- pdb - Palm database. This is the format used to load
ringtones on PDA phones such as the Kyocera 6035 and the Handspring Treo
- rtttl - A popular text format for ringtones.
- rtx - Similar to rtttl with some advanced features. Also the
octaves are different on rtx.
- samsung1 & samsung2 - Samsung keypress format.
- siemens keypress - Can create and read in a Siemens text file format.
- siemens SEO - Siemens SEO binary format.
- text - You can create logos out of textfiles and ascii textfiles from all the other formats.
- WAV - Can create PDB ringtones for PDA's from WAVS. Can also create WAV sound files from any of the input formats. I was also working on a .wav to whatever converter, but I doubt I'll finish it.
- wbmp - Read or write wbmp files. This is the graphics image format typically used on WAP webpages.
- /dev/dsp - Ringtone tools can write out directly to dsp devices on Linux, FreeBSD. There is beta support for sound output on Microsoft Windows also.
ringtonetools-2.26.zip (Windows binaries)
Copyright 1997-2018 - Michael Kohn